[ExI] Wind, solar could provide 99.9% of ALL POWER by 2030

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:06:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> John seems unable to post anything which is remotely right.

Hey Eugen, what the hell happened to you? I've known you for over 10 years
and you never used to be crazy, but then about 6 months ago something
changed and you became nuttier than a fruitcake, you get completely
hysterical and incoherent anytime the word "energy" is mentioned, and I
don't even want to discuss what happens if anyone dares to utter the
dreaded word "nuclear".

And apparently you couldn't take time off from ranting and hurling personal
insults to say exactly what I had gotten so wrong in my post that it was
not even remotely right.

> ICEs have a street efficiency of rougly 23%. Current EVs have a combined
> fuel economy of e.g. 28 kWhr/100 miles.

That's nice. So exactly what  had I gotten so wrong in my post that it was
not even remotely right?

>  How many whales would it take to run them on whale oil, John?

I don't know Eugen. So exactly what had I gotten so wrong in my post that
it was not even remotely right?

> Why so many zeroes? I know you can use scientific notation, John.

Sorry you don't like zeros. So exactly what had I gotten so wrong in my
post that it was not even remotely right?

> If I didn't know for sure you can think, I would suspect you're pushing
> an agenda.

I am pushing a agenda, dastardly international oil cartels and other
worldwide agencies of evil intent on world domination are paying me
thirteen pieces of silver to cause dissension and discord in enlightened
groups like environmentalists and solar energy apostles who only wish to
cause good; and I do this not just for the money but because being a bad
guy is my thing.

Or maybe my agenda is just respect for logic.

  John K Clark