[ExI] Wind, solar could provide 99.9% of ALL POWER by 2030

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:55:26 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Stellar processes are the only source of energy on this planet, with the
> exception of fusion,

Ultimately the only source of energy on this planet is nuclear and there
are no exceptions. The sun runs on nuclear fusion and even nuclear fission
comes from suns even if it's not our particular sun but stars at least 8
times larger than our star that went supernova billions of years ago and
built up the heavy metals including Uranium and Thorium in a endothermic
process from iron.

> > So whenever you're using a derived, secondary source of energy,
> especially one that is limited [...]

On Earth we'll run out of things to fission about the same time the sun
will run out of things to fuse.

Oh dear, now I've gone and done it, I've mentioned the forbidden "N" word,
so now we can expect a dissertation from Eugen about my evil nature and my
general failure as a human being.

  John K Clark