[ExI] instilling ambition

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:51:11 UTC 2013

On 21 January 2013 01:34, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
> BTW, another guy was Nicola Tesla. To me (perhaps I am misinformed) Tesla
> was curious while Edison was ambitious. That Edison medal was awarded to
> Tesla, rather than the other way is a (indirect and anecdotal) proof to
> me, that there is something very uncivilish with this civilisation of
> ours.

This may well be a myth, and in any event I suspect that any age has
had its fair share of misunderstood geniuses.

My concern is whether our own age is going to produce the quantity of
geniuses I would like, and/or whether they are in a position to do
work bound to produce sooner or later the kind of dramatic
breakthroughs we have become accustomed to.

--
Stefano Vaj