[ExI] Wind, solar could provide 99.9% of ALL POWER by 2030

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:28:32 UTC 2013

On 25 January 2013 22:26, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Pal you and I are old enough to remember when PC’s weren’t super and
> weren’t powerful.  The contrast between our misspent youth and now is
> stunning.  Ain’t life grand?  The young people present don’t know our
> suffering, the days of pre-gigahertz processors for instance.  They don’t
> know how we struggled with finding suitable partners for copulation.  They
> just get online, type in their particular kinks and preferences, and BOOM,
> list of available local comely lasses, ready to… um… chat online about… the
> kinds of things we used to… um… well, dream about.

Of course anything you can get nowadays is much better than what we had,
and often of something I still have but have no time to replace with all
its nice data and configuring and still Just Works.

But I remember a time when I could not wait for and derived sheer pleasure
from getting my hands on the Last and Best in terms of computing and
showing it off. Same as getting a Lamborghini - which fewer of us could
afford, btw. :-)

Today, well, an i7 with 32 GB Ram and a state-of-the-art graphic card?
Yawn. Any casual box serves me equally well. One attitude which used to be
rather the province of my female friends and colleagues...

--
Stefano Vaj