[ExI] 23andme again

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Jul 1 12:47:41 UTC 2013

Il 01/07/2013 05:48, spike ha scritto:

> Daaaaaaaam!   It's happened again!  And this time it was an accident.

> 23andMe gives you a list of DNA relatives sorted by how close they are
> genetically.  It also gives you a list sorted by what they call "enrichment"
> which divides thru by how common is the name.

> So last night I drop the guy a note along the lines of Hi cousin, I see you
> are descended from William Yakity Yak and Mary Bla Bla.  This morning I get
> a note back saying he doesn't have either of those in his family history
> database which goes back four generations.

> OK so do I post back and say: Ooops sorry my mistake, or do I post back and
> say: Cousin, you have a major error in your genealogy, or do I post back and
> say:  Pal, one of your fairly recent ancestors was apparently adopted?

I suggest the:

Maybe 23andMe is wrong or there is an error in my or your genealogy.
What could be?
Do you want try to exchange data?

> My intuition says to just clam up.

The truth will make you free(er).
As you didn't anything evil or wrong, what's the problem with the true?

> At this point I would reluctantly recommend that if you don't want your life
> to get crazy, don't do 23andMe.

Crazy in this way appear good or, at least, interesting. Maybe a bit
overwhelming at first.

Just until a few weeks ago you talked about Neanderthal gathering to
look at similarity and to look at non-Neanderthal gatherings for
differences.

Think about a reunion of all Pocahontas descendants, or all descendants
of George Washington.
How funny would be all the hidden branches showed off?

Mirco