[ExI] Who are the libertarians?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 15:32:37 UTC 2013

On 2 July 2013 03:43, Eugenio Martínez <rolandodegilead at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking on the liberalism from Europe (The neocon or
> ultracapitalist), which is absolutely incompatible and that is not the same
> that the neocons in USA. A paradigmatic example.

The European liberal tradition is "ultracapitalist" in more than one sense,
but it is hardly neocon, the "neo" implying authoritarian policies, a
strong State intervention in favour of strategic industrial sectors and
cartels, a strict political control of international trade (see the
application of embargoes to "rogue states" and limitations to technology
exports), etc.

--
Stefano Vaj