[ExI] head transplants

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 18:09:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Gordon  wrote:
> If and when they become possible, I think they should be called body
> transplants as opposed to head transplants. If my doctor told me he wanted
> to attach a donor body to my head, I would consider it. If he wanted to
> attach a donor head to my body, I would definitely seek a second opinion.

I think they will be called body transplants.
It should become possible to have a standard socket fitted to every body neck.
Then you could swap bodies depending on what you wanted to do.
Running a marathon, scuba swimming, high altitude work, competitive sports......
Bodies develop muscle memory so that movements become instinctive.

It is also useful to swap if a body gets badly injured.

Amputees already do this by fitting special blades for running, etc.

BillK