[ExI] Trivia: what links Medea, Fermi and NSA?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sat Jul 13 16:38:13 UTC 2013

Ok,

So, I've gradually become a (very cautious) believer in theory that life
screws itself in the... foot. The more gentle way of wording it, is "Medea
hypothesis" - just in case you want to report it to some, ehrm, gentleman.
It says, the life's inherent properties drive it straight to screwing
itself. After a while (better late than never, no?), it occurred to me,
reason may have it the same way. I think there is a pattern here, with
constant toppling of rigid control structures and reestablishing them over
and over again. Thus a history reduces itself into circles - what a
dissapointment. And humanity reduces itself into oblivious mob riding a
carousel - what a disgust.

There is also a revolving surprise of the elites every time they discover
lack of control over their henchmen. Well, surprise surprise. I guess they
wouldn't mind some benevolent idiot stepping in and cleaning the Augean
stables, so they could nominate new henchmen and start over. A temporary
solution, after a short moment of truth, will be sweeping under the rug
and keeping current with new sensations, like, return of bikini or
monokini, or whatever. Sweeping under the rug, this they have mastered,
for sure.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola