[ExI] [mta] Re: Bitcion Moore's Law?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Tue Jul 16 04:15:15 UTC 2013

Hi James,

There's a good graph on this page that convinces me the production of
Gold is exponential in a complex Moore's law like way:

http://www.numbersleuth.org/worlds-gold/

But this graph only goes pack to 1900, so the commodity noise some seem
to be so focused on, is very visible in this graph, compared to the much
longer exponential production that I think would be obvious, and make
all this other noise irrelevant, if you pushed this back another 10,000
years.

Perhaps someone like Gordon, who values these kinds of temporary
commodity noise, and thinks that kind of noise is all that is relevant,
will not be convince by just this graph?  What do you think Gordon, does
this graph convince you that the production of gold is growing at an
accelerating law of returns (i.e. complexly exponential, like Moore's
law?) rate?  Is there anyone for which this graph fails to convince them
the production of Gold follows a Moore's law like complex exponential
growth rate?

Brent Allsop