[ExI] [mta] Re: Bitcion Moore's Law?

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 05:11:19 UTC 2013

Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

>>There's a good graph on this page that convinces me the production of Gold is exponential in a complex Moore's law like way: http://www.numbersleuth.org/worlds-gold/ <<

That is not exponential growth, Brent, and it is not evidence of any supposed "Moore's Law" for gold supply or demand.

>>Perhaps someone like Gordon, who values these kinds of temporary commodity noise, and thinks that kind of noise is all that is relevant, will not be convince by just this graph?  What do you think Gordon, does this graph convince you that the production of gold is growing at an accelerating law of returns (i.e. complexly exponential, like Moore's law?) rate?<<|

No it does not convince me.

If you want to understand the future of technology, it will help to read Kurzweil. If you want to understand the markets for precious metals and other assets, it will help to study finance and economics. You could probably benefit from a refresher course in math, too.

>> So I guess you also believe your statement that "the supply is not growing" <<

I never said that.

I spent a significant portion of my life as an investment adviser. I know a little bit about what I'm talking about here. I'm sorry, but I don't think you do.

Gordon