[ExI] a Cypherpunks comeback

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Jul 21 09:07:26 UTC 2013

----- Forwarded message from "Riad S. Wahby" <rsw at jfet.org> -----

Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 12:41:25 -0400
From: "Riad S. Wahby" <rsw at jfet.org>
To: cpunks-recipients-suppressed at proton.jfet.org
Subject: a Cypherpunks comeback

tl;dr:
I'm writing to invite you back to the Cypherpunks mailing list. If
you're interested, you can join via
    https://al-qaeda.net/mailman/listinfo/cypherpunks

Hello,

In the past couple days I've exchanged emails with John Young and
Eugen Leitl on some brokenness in the Cypherpunks mailing list. This
discussion brought us to a discussion of attempting to resurrect the
list's wetware, as it were, in addition to its software. At Eugen's
request, John dug up a couple Majordomo WHO outputs from about 15 years
ago; I tidied up the lists, and now I'm writing to you.

So! if you still have an interest in crypto, privacy, and politics, and
if you want to discuss that interest with a bunch of like-minded weirdos
from the aether, you can subscribe yourself via the web interface above
or by sending an email with "subscribe" in the body to
cypherpunks-request at al-qaeda.net.

(I am aware the provocative choice of domain name may discourage you
somewhat. I can only tell you that I've been running a Cypherpunks list
of some sort from this domain for a bit over a decade, and I haven't yet
been spirited away in a black helicopter. Here's hoping for another
helicopter-free decade.)

Best regards, and welcome back, preemptively,

-=rsw
 on behalf of jya, eugen, and rsw

----- End forwarded message -----