[ExI] Fwd: Re: [mta] Re: Bitcion Moore's Law?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 21:28:21 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Gordon  wrote:
> 1) Commodity markets do not operate according to anything like a Moore's
> Law. I gave you an example of how gold languished for a couple of decades
> due to macroeconomic factors like disinflation. There was not and is not
> anything like a Moore's Law operating either in the supply or demand for
> gold. Moore's Law is applicable (or at least was applicable) to the
> economics of certain kinds of technological progress, but it does not apply
> to commodity markets in general.
<snip>

What Brent needs is the standard statement that by law in the UK all
investment companies must quote in their offers.

Quote:
Past performance is not a guide to the future. Market and exchange
rate movements may cause the capital value of investments, and the
income from them, to go down as well as up and the investor may not
get back the amount originally invested.

BillK