[ExI] sanity and connectedness

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 14:43:35 UTC 2013

BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> If a Google Glass user looks at you and almost no data appears, then
> you become a very suspicious character, with all the disadvantages
> that implies.

So if you're not a member of the chattering classes, you're automatically a suspicious character?  There are many more people without a FaceBook / Twitter / Google / whatever account than not.  What about the poor old plain boring people?  Are they suspicious?

Actually, I can see a market opportunity here.  Services to generate 'typical banality' for you on such platforms, just to avoid standing out from the crowd and attracting the attention of Undesirable Parties.  Of course you'd have to hide the fact that you were using such a service.  Unless it became fashionable to use them.  Then /everyone/ would have plausible deniability.  A bit like the strategy favoured by that person who sometimes masquerades as Spike }:DD