[ExI] spanish train wreck

spike spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jul 29 15:44:42 UTC 2013

OK old news, but this morning is the first I have heard of the tragic train
wreck in Spain.  I don't understand: we have GPS, the track never changes.
How simple would it be to rig up trains with some kind of device which
doesn't allow a train to go faster than it can get around an upcoming curve?
That would be a simple controls algorithm, would automatically make it safe
from malicious train operators who wanted to use the device to slay
infidels, or train operators that are drunk, are texting, are racing, are
stupid, or a train operator who fell asleep at the switch or has some
medical condition caused her to slump forward over the controls and push it
to full steam ahead.  Sheesh, this slew 79 proles and injured many others,
when a fix is simple.