[ExI] 23andme again

spike spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 1 17:20:22 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Max More
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 10:05 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] 23andme again

Natasha and I have done 23andme and, I suspect, many others on this list.

I hope it blew your mind by revealing that you have low-risk genes...

--Max

Low risk in every area except one, in which my risk is elevated by a factor
of about 8, damn.  But it was a good trade-off for being lower risk for
Alzheimers.  With that one, you lose everything; for the cryonicist, you
lose with all caps EVERYTHING.  This has been on my mind a lot, since we are
dealing with an AD family member.  I have witnessed how that condition rips
through the family well-being like a hot chainsaw through cotton candy.

Max, your comment is an excellent blessing for fellow 23ers: May the
sequencing reveal you have low-risk genes.