[ExI] [ZS] [cryo] Nick Bostrom, Anders Sandberg, Stuart Armstrong to be frozen after death

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:06:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013  Florent Berthet <florent.berthet at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is their rationale behind spending all that money

We're not talking about a huge amount of money here, Cryonics suspension by
Alcor would cost you about as much as buying a run of the mill Lexus LS.
So it's a nice car verses a lottery ticket where the probability of hitting
the jackpot is greater than zero but less than 1, the jackpot being
achieving immortality. They've decided on the way they'd prefer to spend
their money, you can spend your money however you wish.

> on themselves versus using it to save dozens of lives via an effective
> charity (or potentially saving billions of lives through x-risk research)?

I can't speak for them but if you were asking me I'd say that the answer is
obvious, your happiness and well being is important but mine is more
important.

 John K Clark