[ExI] 23andme again

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 21:35:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> ** **
>

> James what I really want is some kind of AI at the hardware store.  Then
> when I get there it reminds me of what it was I came down there for.****
>
> ** **
>
> If we invent brain prosthetics, it would free our minds from the mundane,
> which allows us to focus our creative intellectual skills on cool
> interesting stuff, such as inventing brain prosthetics, which would free
> our minds from the mundane.****

If you just tie together a few of Google's datum (search history, Chrome
history, Calendar, contacts, G+, and Tasks) you could pretty much predict
what I was seeking when I came down to the hardware store. That's where all
of this is quickly going - tell me what I want before I ask for it, and
sprinkle in a few relevant commercials (hey, instead of going to all of
that trouble to research jailbreaking my phone, here's an app they're
showing that will do it for just $9.99 - well worth all of the time and
effort I'm saving.., or so it goes in theory). This kind of AI isn't all
that difficult, compared to emulating a human mind.

JWC