[ExI] [ZS] [cryo] Nick Bostrom, Anders Sandberg, Stuart Armstrong to be frozen after death

spike spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jun 14 16:43:36 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty

>...We're a long way from responsible/intelligent procreation as a species.
Of course we are.  Selfish genes don't care about the species, only
maximizing propagation.  I'd say spike's 23andme posts have illustrated how
well those selfish genes are working despite our cultural memes for fidelity

I am thinking of a way to automate the process of figuring out a person's
genetic genealogy from their DNA.  The process is extremely laborious the
way I am doing it, shuffling around through traditional genealogies, looking
for common names, etc, when we know the traditional genealogy does not
necessarily match the biological genealogy.

If we were to develop a software toolbox of some sort which can automate
some of this process, it would be worth a fortune.