[ExI] NSA Prism is motivated in part by fears that environmentally-linked disasters could spur anti-government activism

spike spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jun 14 21:27:30 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Davis
Subject: Re: [ExI] NSA Prism is motivated in part by fears that
environmentally-linked disasters could spur anti-government activism

>.  At the end of world war two, the United States was in thrall to the
military idea.  Addicted to military worship, in love with all things
military.Best, Jeff Davis

Interesting take by Jeff Davis, thanks Jeff.

If I were to run with that theme, and attempt a brief history of our times,
it would go like this:

World War 3 began before World War 2 ended, and continued nearly half a
century, gradually sputtering out in about the mid 1990s.  The Middle
Eastern terrorists were a temporary replacement bad guy, but they didn't
have nukes and when it came down to an actual shooting war, they didn't
show.  Now Osama is dead, and his following is far less scary than it was,
so the current government/military/industrial complex needs a new bad guy.
So now they are trying to drum up the threat from massive uprisings as a
result of.  climate change.

Climate change?  Indeed?  Is this really the very best we can do?  Are we
really so hard up for scary enemies to justify massive government spending
that we need to resort to some nebulous something that will take at least
decades to attack us?

The actual threat is right there in front of us: unlimited and unchecked
growth of government snooping into everything we do and threatening us with
a completely unaccountable IRS, yet we cry out for climate change to come
along and save us?

Sheesh.  I have news for them: climate change cannot save us from us.