[ExI] BIS: Extraterrestrial liberty and colonising the universe

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 04:27:13 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> My colleague Stuart lectures at the British Interplanetary Society on
> colonizing the universe and what this might mean for liberty:
> http://youtu.be/mrUWkfeJABY

### Wow, the coolest lecture of the past 15 years!

The lecture suggests something I claimed on this list a long time ago,
that we are the Firstborn, the so far one and only sentient species in
our light cone, to a high degree of confidence.

Or else, our understanding of the universe is so far off track it's
not even funny.

Gives me goosebumps to think about it.

Rafal