[ExI] Extraterrestrial liberty and colonising the universe

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 06:55:58 UTC 2013

A massive error checking and redundancy can suppress evolution of any kind.

What does the state of the  Fermi paradox tells us? It tells us, that
evolution, at least interesting evolution of the complex machines is rare
or almost not present in the Universe.

Evolution is easy to prevent. Its somehow already prevented almost
everywhere - naturally.

A probe with the wrong checksum should destroy itself. Better, shouldn't be
able to function in the first place. Very much like the nuclear weapons are
functioning for decades. A malfunction in an accidentally  fallen bomb will
NOT ENABLE the explosion. It must be enabled by a complicated procedure, a
small error is fatal in that process.

With this principle on steroids, evolution isn't a problem at all.

They say, everything change, except the change is eternal. Well, this is
about to change! After a certain threshold, a cosmic super-civilization
must freeze itself on the present state. No more progress!

No big deal. It's a small prize to pay for the whole Universe. Many
Tranhumanist don't like that at least, I know. They start with the usual
mantra how horrible is to be wireheaded, as they weren't already for the
entire history of the Universe.

P.S.

I have a blog now.

www.protokol2020.wordpress.com

Maybe some of you may be interested in reading it.