[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 17:44:32 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:

> Why am I the ONLY person who always gets upset when people spew garbage
> about how the entire universe will be converted to computronium,

You are not the only one and in fact most people think as you do, just not
most people on this list.

> by human intention, and that everyone will be uploaded by means of
> destructive scanning,

We can't talk about that because, considering the fact that one atom is as
good as another, you can't rationally explain exactly what is being
destroyed in that "destructive" scanning.

> and, especially, that there is something *GOOD* about that future

We can't talk about that because there is no disputing matters of taste.

> > I mean, why can't we have a discussion about how what criteria we will
> use to determine which limited parts of the universe will be used for
> computronium and which we will use for other purposes?

 We can't talk about that because the decision will not be made by you or
me or by anybody we know.

> Why can't we have a discussion about how to preserve humanoid life as an
> available choice?

Nor that one.

> I've spent the last few months trolling for information

Well there's your problem.

  John k Clark