[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 24 14:09:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 01:34:08PM -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:

> Furthermore, there is something extremely wrong here. Why have all

That feeling of wrongness seems to follow you, wherever you go.
That seems to be eliminating all the variables. What is the only
constant left?

> of the uploaders shut up? Where are all the brave visions? Where is

TeH UpLOADeRZ!!!!111 are getting shit done. Does that scare you?

> the discussion of what comes after? I remember there being a great
> deal more documentation ten years ago. Where did it all go? Could it

To the implementation phase, of course. The same thing we
do every night, Pinky. (Have you looked at the clouds lately?
Did they look funny to you? Not my best work, I must admit)

> be that the uploaders have started to meet push-back and have gone
> to ground? Could it be that the uploaders have finally felt the
> shame of going to their parents and telling them the good news that
> they will be replaced my a digital version of themselves?

I like you. I upload you last.

> Seriously. we need to Talk about this. This situation of of you
> telling me that I'm going to be dead and uploaded is not a dialog.

If you want a dialogue, stop behaving like a nutcase. Jeez.