[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Mon Jun 24 14:53:06 UTC 2013

Ben Zaiboc wrote:
> Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> My contention is that 96% of the existing human population would prefer
>> to live the way they are now, with only modest upgrades.
>>
>> The only way to change that number is to apply force.
> An odd (and rather disturbing) conclusion.
>
> Did it take force to persuade most of the people on the planet to move from landlines to mobile phones?

I don't carry a mobile phone.

The cost benefit ratio is so obscenely bad that it is unlikely that I
will ever carry a mobile phone except when it is absolutely required by
my job (ie, they won't hire me without one).

I make about two calls a month, so each call costs me $25. Furthermore
there is an increased risk of cancer from the radio waves... All of my
ancestors lived happily without one so I, too, am happy to not have one.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.