[ExI] kasparov and rat borganisms: was RE: [tt] Progress

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 18:55:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> We go to a Kasparov talk with whatever they used to do the rat brain to
> brain interface in Anders' Rat Borganisms post.  After Gary's tap dance, we
> pop him with a mallet like the mad scientist does to Bugs at 4:34, then put
> the device on him like the one used at 6:45, zap, switch our brains, then I
> go down to the club Saturday and completely whoop ass, and Kasparov sucks!
> Oh that would be a kick.

>From just the subject line I was expecting that you were going to
cluster a bunch of rats and make them play vs. Kasparov.  Of course it
wouldn't even be entertaining unless there was some chance the rats
could win... so I assume lots of training in the Rat-Borg version of
Deep Blue.

I wonder how many rats you'll need to scale up to Deep Blue / Watson /
Kasparov caliber of processing?  Does the reward of cheese impact the
numbers greatly?  (to the rats... I'm pretty sure Watson is unmoved by
cheese and Kasparov may or may not be interested in cheese)