[ExI] sequestration: was RE: Progress

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 21:57:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM, spike wrote:
> As a result of a 48 billion dollar cut in this fiscal year’s reckless
> government spending (out of an approximately 3.8 trillion dollar outlay)
we
> are assured that THE END is upon us.  Representative Maxine Waters warned
> that it would result in the loss of 170 million jobs.  I will confess that
> the words million, billion and trillion do rhyme, however the American
> people have collectively called bullshit on their own government.  I
> collected a few of my favorite quotes from the usual suspects:

Zero Hedge comments savagely -----
Today is the day when, if one listens to Obama whose idea it was in the
first place, an unprecedented $85 billion spending cuts will be
sequestered, unleashing famine, pestilence, the apocalypse and grizzly
bears (as all park rangers will be dead from starvation). Which is why we
applaud the administration's desire to preempt this tragic for the nation
outcome, by issuing, in one day alone: February 28, $80 billion in
Treasurys sending debt to (obviously) what is a new all time high
$16,687,289,180,215.37.

*In other words, the entire apocalyptic impact of the sequester for 2013
was offset by one day's debt issuance.*

Oh, and we didn't label this post Friday humor because it rightfully falls
under the Friday grotesque, surreal tragedy category.
------

Oy vey, indeed.

BillK