[ExI] bees again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 03:14:23 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
>>...Please do your part: stop buying honey.  If you are moved to do more
> than your part, post to friends and family on your distribution and ask them
> to stop eating honey as well.  Explain your reasoning, or forward my post if
> you wish...spike
>
> The imidacloprid theory might be wrong, the evidence ambiguous, but it does
> explain the swarm I saw apparently lost and perishing of exposure, as well
> as maaany dying bees this year, so it might be right.  I would suggest we
> not risk contributing to crashing the bee population by buying high-priced
> honey, which caused bees to be fed with contaminated corn syrup.  If we
> crash the bee population, we get little fruit.  The consequences will be
> most unpleasant.

Can you make a couple infographics showing the farmer robbing bees and
leaving them corn syrup, then some bees too week to pollinate fruit
trees, then consumers paying too much for fruit?

I can't forward your email on Facebook: even 2 paragraphs is TL;DR.
An infographic can be posted & shared as well as tweeted and pinned.

I can think of designs but I don't think I can implement.

Anyone?