[ExI] food again, was: RE: Re Atten: For any extropy libertarians

spike spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 8 18:48:06 UTC 2013

Subject: Re: [ExI] Re Atten: For any extropy libertarians

On 8 August 2012 07:16, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>.On the contrary, McDonald's food isn't necessarily unhealthy, if devoured
in
reasonable quantities, this being surprisingly small.

>.If you take care of ordering only hamburgers and of thoroughly cleaning
them from the buns and anything else which be not meat, it is probably the
healthiest thing you can have at the lowest price per calory in any
restaurant.

>.Of course, it begs the question of why you should eat in a restaurant at
all if you cannot afford anything better.

>.What's wrong with a food shop? --  Stefano Vaj

Stefano, in general the conditions you mention assume a home.  There are
some items in a grocery which are ready to devour with no cooking utensils,
but these may not be competitive in a calories per dollar contest against
McDs.  These days I see more and more people doing some urban camping, or
are living in cars.  Generally anyone can collect sufficient donations to
survive on fast food if they hang around the population centers, especially
in rich areas like the Silicon Valley.

My message is that one really can live on that stuff if one doesn't overeat,
which can be hard to do, even I recognize it.  McDonald's has evolved some
excellent comfort food, such as those soft warm fish sandwiches, mmmmmm, and
those long greasy salty fries, mmmmm so good, number 11 on the value meal
menu, 6 dollars and 32 cents gets you these and a tall icy soda with free
refills, such a deal is this.

Don't hate them: McDonald's is not evil, just highly successful.