[ExI] Better Bodies?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 21:57:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> However, it is surprising to me how unconcerned everyone seems to be -
> chalking it up to "these things happen."  While it is nice for us that these
> doctors have had sufficient practice that we benefit from their experience
> rather than fumbling around with "try it and see" solutions, I am disturbed
> by how easily people can break themselves.
>
> When you said 'better bodies' I immediately thought of a skeleton capable of
> resisting at least an order of magnitude more shock/stress than mere bones.

That's one way of looking at the problem. But you would need more than
just stronger bones. Otherwise the skin, flesh, blood and nerves would
be stripped from the indestructible bones.

Falls are by far the most common human accident. So I would suggest a
better command and control system to avoid falls in the first place.
(And perhaps rubber bones would be better than steel bones).  :)

BillK