[ExI] Obama keen on brain mapping

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 11:37:41 UTC 2013

Seems that Obama wants to put federal money into brain research something like a *Human Connectome Project*. I thought this would be of interest to the AI, Cog Sci, cryonics, and upload guys:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/science/project-seeks-to-build-map-of-human-brain.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama Quote:

“Every dollar we invested to map the human genome returned $140 to our economy — every dollar,” he said. “Today our scientists are mapping the human brain to unlock the answers to Alzheimer’s. They’re developing drugs to regenerate damaged organs, devising new materials to make batteries 10 times more powerful. Now is not the time to gut these job-creating investments in science and innovation.”

Stuart LaForge

"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven." - William Shakespeare