[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 00:47:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Brent Allsop
<brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:
> Another critical problem, at least with your terminology, is that much of it
> is not focusing on the right thing.  It is focusing more on picking the

> For you guys that still aren’t getting it, let’s make this so elementary it
> is impossible to miss.  Let’s make an even more simplified theoretical
> model, and hand hold you through every single step of the transmigration
[snipped 3 pages of text]

Another critical problem with terminology is that more of it doesn't
make things elementary.

I challenge you to present less of your words and more of mine (or
spike's) so that those who would learn qualia do not need to first
learn other new words.

When I mentioned this thread to my wife (and forwarded some of my
examples) she asked, "So if I eat a piece of cheese, the experience of
cheese is something I know I'm having because of my awareness of this
piece of cheese with all the other pieces of cheese I've ever eaten.
And I recognize the commonality between them is cheesiness?"

In that sense, no two people have exactly the same
understanding/appreciation of "cheesy" but we can still agree that
this property exists independently of any slice of cheddar or cube of
swiss.

btw, spike:  what do you propose for the name of the unit of
quantitative measure of a quale?  (not to be confused with Quayle)