[ExI] quantia game

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 18:07:28 UTC 2013

Since Eugen mention tetrachromacy -- almost typed "tetrachromancy" :) -- did anyone see that report on mantis shrimp:

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/343056/description/Mantis_shrimp_flub_color_vision_test

Strange that they have some of the hardware, but don't seem to be using it in the expected way. I also wonder, given that color opponent theory, if there's any processing going on at higher levels. (I might be wrong here, gotten mixed up on what I've read about this, but I presume opponents happen at a higher level of processing than color discrimination. Am I wrong? Maybe I also missed something...)

Regards,

Dan
 See my SF short story "Residue":
http://www.amazon.com/Residue-ebook/dp/B00BS3T0RM/ -- US