[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun May 5 15:43:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Stefano Vaj  wrote:
> Political theory, ethics and ideologies are well within the camp of
> empirical observation. So are religions, arts, superstitions, social norms,
> languages and so forth.
>
> To study the cultural appreciation of the Monna Lisa or the belief in the
> Invisible Pink Unicorn or the effect of marxism in European history you need
> not assess any especially ineffable qualities thereof.

Cultural appreciation or studying beliefs was not what I understood
Eugen to be referring to.
I took empirical observation to mean using the results of scientific
experiments to justify some statements or laws.

Religions, ethics, politics, etc, are not 'laws' in the sense of being
based on science research.

BillK