[ExI] Digital Consciousness

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 17:22:15 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM, Gordon <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you believe the world is *intrinsically* digital, Giulio? By this I mean:
> do you believe the world is not only describable in digital terms, but also
> actually intrinsically digital in itself before we assign that digital
> description of it?

At what level of concern?  You may discern an analog nature of a color
wheel.  When you start probing wavelengths of light, you'll find
discreteness all the way to quanta of energy related to the working
theory of electrons.  Beyond that you return to probability
distribution of where/how an electron will exist.

So is the world *intrinsically* any particular way?  I don't think we
can answer that without first defining a lot of parameters that
eventually forces the answer to depend on those parameters.