[ExI] Digital Consciousness

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 12:01:50 UTC 2013

Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

>Hi Ben,
>
>I predict that within the next 25 years the following will be discovered
>and demonstrated, via science to all of us.

<snip>

>So, Ben, can you make
>an equally compelling prediction, which if demonstrated by science, will
>force me to admit that my current working hypotheses about consciousness
>are falsified

I predict that you will one day realise that what you are describing is just another form of communication, and that there is no way to tell whether or not someone else is experiencing the same thing as you, because an experience is the sum total of all the processes going on in your mind at the time, and it would be impossible to recreate them all in another individual (otherwise they wouldn't /be/ another individual, they'd be you).

But I don't really have a lot of confidence in this particular prediction.

Ben Zaiboc