[ExI] Tsiolkovsky

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon May 13 15:41:55 UTC 2013

On May 13, 2013 8:24 AM, "spike" <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> >… On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
>
> >>…I had two cram-full filing cabinets scanned, but never used any of the
scanned materials because I had no way to index any of it.  What we need is
some way to read through all that material, some of which was hand-written,
and create searchable files.

> >… The phrase you want to search on is "optical character
> recognition", or just "OCR".  There are many solutions
> out there, some of them free, some of them pretty high
> quality.  There are probably some that are both.
>
> We OCRed all of it.  The results were better than nothing, not great.  A
lot of what I had left in my filing cabinet were hand-written notes from
meetings.  In the form they existed, they were not accessible anyway, so I
guess it was no real loss.

That's what I mean about quality.  Try some other OCR.