[ExI] Whatever happened to peak oil by 2020?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon May 13 16:49:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:32:04PM -0400, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> I always assume that officials, companies and governments lie and
> exaggerate but rarely by thousand-percent margins. It doesn't happen
> often but, yeah, in this case I trust the US government more than I
> trust your judgment.

See, you've made up your mind already. As have many others.

See why I said the conversation was futile? Neither me nor
you decide policy, and collectively the policy has already
been decided upon, by hook or by crook. We can save the
argumentative noises (not really an argument) and just lean
back and see how this thing is going to play out itself.