[ExI] Bitcoins Again

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 13:39:20 UTC 2013

Kelly Anderson wrote:

> I've been trying to do an estimate of what I might expect to make if I
> bought a bitcoin miner from Butterfly Labs, and I thought I'd share my
> calculations in case any of you found it interesting (and to double
> check my math... LOL)

Here is a live stream of an inexpensive Butterfly ASIC in operation:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/05/butterfly_live/

Pooled, it is mining about 2 BTC per 10 days. That is a fantastic ROI at current prices, but I suspect you cannot buy one anytime soon at the list price. As I understand it, it is backlogged into the thousands. There is no telling what the economics will look like by the time your order is filled, if it is ever filled.

Gordon