[ExI] Coal Gasification and CO2 (was Re: Whatever happened to peak oil by 2020?)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:19:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM, spike wrote:
> They have a Nature Conservancy guy recognize that wind power is given a pass
> on bird deaths, but in the end he, and plenty of others including me,
> realize that there is no free energy; it all comes with a price.  Wind power
> kills birds, but we need it anyway.  Ground based solar is bad for the
> desert tortoise, but we need that too.  We need green energy, we need blue
> energy, black, brown, red, purple, charteuse, mauve and taupe energy, we
> need it all, and yes we know, energy all comes with a price.

See:
<http://nextbigfuture.com/2013/05/sheerwind-funnel-system-claims-to.html>
 Sheerwind funnel system claims to produce 6 times more energy than
conventional wind and costs competitive with natural gas and hydro
power.

They claim costs as low as $10 MWH makes SheerWind a true game-changer
in electric power generation that is competitive with natural gas and
hydroelectricity.

* No moving parts: INVELOX has little to no impact on wildlife,
including bird migration.