[ExI] Kepler's planet finding days might be over

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:05:31 UTC 2013

Has the Kepler found an Earth like planet? AFAIK it has not.

The marketing was, that it will be able to find the oxygen absorption lines
and therefore planets with the molecular oxygen in the atmosphere and
therefore planet with likely life. Besides, it will be able to scan hundred
of thousands of stars at once, so the chances are superb, to find life.

That was the marketing at the beginning of the mission.

(Very much like robotic searching the fossils on Mars, which eventually
failed to find  a single drop of water there.)

I am glad, the life is rare.