[ExI] bees again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:42:12 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

 > My idea is to try to use genetic engineering to make the cockroach more
> attractive.

I'll work on that, but I have another idea, splice the 7 genes that rose
plants use to make proteins that smell nice into E coli bacteria which is
ubiquitous in the human gut; then if you were to fart in a elevator you'd
be doing the other passengers a favor as they are invigorated by the
gentile fragrance of rose petals. Even better I would not be bragging or
condescending but simply stating a objective fact when I say "My shit don't
stink".

Another idea that is actually being worked on is to make bio-luminescent
plants. It's been estimated that if just 0.02 percent of the energy a plant
obtains from photosynthesis were used to make Luciferase, the protein that
fireflys use, a medium sized tree would be as bright as a streetlamp

  John K Clark