[ExI] Cold fusion paper

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu May 23 06:07:52 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-23 04:26, Dan Ust wrote:
> See http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1305/1305.3913.pdf
>
> Comments?

Vestigia terrent.

They are claiming something three orders of magnitude more powerful than
existing energy storage (using two useless illustrations as
illustrations of this!) They are unwilling to show anybody how it works
even under NDA, yet constantly claim they are very close to produce
things commercially. They have a choir of supporters who love the idea
because it would be so good if it was true.

In short, it looks like BlackLight Power. Or Josef Papp's engine. Or
Perrigo's, Keely's, Redheffer's or any of the others.

If I came up with a technology that was potentially world-changing I
would make sure to make it and its launch as different as possible from
past frauds. Sure, I might want to make loads of money, but that is what
patents, NDAs and good lawyers are for - secret ingredients do not work
well.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute