[ExI] chinese synthesis

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun May 26 02:58:14 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Maybe. The problem is that the Germans are getting good at English, so it
> might be almost as useless as learning Swedish - the locals just switch to
> international mode and respond in English. Even the younger French are
> getting sensible.

### I noticed this with younger folks from Poland as well - there is a
larger fraction who learn English as a real means of communication,
compared to the geezers of my generation who learned Russian at school
as a mandatory subject but never cared to actually get proficient.
Does it mean that the EU experiment might eventually bring a real,
linguistic unification of Europe?

On the other hand, the pressures that Anglicize Germans, Swedes and
Poles could be much weakened in the very near future by the
introduction of real time high quality machine translation.

I expect the first Google Glass generation to be the last one affected
by the unfortunate events at Babel.

Rafal