[ExI] Gold

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun May 26 17:32:35 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 09:59:58AM -0700, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> To be fair, it is his misinformation, not his attitude.
> He thinks that space travel is anywhere near
> technologically developed, such that physics can

Au contraire, I'm arguing physics, not specific
technology. I'm however is not an educator;
the information is easy enough to find --
assuming one cares about such old-fashioned
things like knowledge.

> prevent dramatic price reductions in the manner
> it can for, say, automobiles.  He fails to appreciate
> that a good analogy would be an ancient Greek

I do not claim that our understanding of physics
is complete. But there is no magic.

See the difference?

> saying that Hero's steam engine was proof that
> motorized transportation could never be feasible.

The question is not about feasibility but economics.

So you've managed to misundestand me in three places.
Good job.