[ExI] memorial day

spike spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 28 01:29:38 UTC 2013

RIP Mr. Brown

Today is Memorial Day in the US, when we honor our deceased, with special
attention to those who served in uniform.  As I was walking past the local
cemetery, people were milling about, so I went in and began looking at the
various headstones.  I found one grave that had apparently no visitors for
some time.  The headstone read "Joseph Brown, courageous soldier, faithful
husband, loving father."  His dates indicated he served in World War 2,
survived and lived a long life afterwards.  I was moved to do something I
have never done: I went to the sidewalk vendor and bought a modest spray of
flowers and placed them on that grave, snapped a sharp salute, then wandered
on.  I was standing nearby a few minutes later when a car drove up and an
elderly woman got out with a younger man.  They walked up to the grave where
I had just placed the flowers.  The woman saw them and dabbed her eyes with
a tissue. She exclcaimed, "I'll bet those came from my so-called FRIEND, the
sleazy BITCH!  Sure as hell, she was cheating with your lying bastard
father!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The true part of the story:  today is Memorial Day and I really was out for
a walk past the local cemetery.  The rest of it, I was just having a little
fun.  Someone somewhere has to make up the jokes.  I thought of sending it
to Readers Digest, but thought it might be a little edgy for their
publication.

Let's try an experiment: send this around to your mailing list friends, see
if we can make it go viral.  {8^D  spike