[ExI] Gold

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 29 03:08:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:
> Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
>>
>> ### This is irrelevant. Whatever technology reduces the cost of human
>> space travel, the same technology also reduces the cost of solid state
>> creature travel by the same factor, or even higher. Solid state/non
>> biological beings will always have an economic advantage over humans
>> in space, an advantage so massive as to preclude meaningful
>> competition against non-biologicals in terms of the ability to settle
>> space.
>

>> Just as Eugen says, it will be upload, or stay home. At best.
>

> So what?
>
> Because uploading renders everything meaningless, my only available option
> is to explore space as a regular being. So therefore all questions of
> economics are moot because the decision is DO IT! regardless of how much it
> costs. Indeed, the only relevant question is which star to travel to. =P
>
> Are you going to try to stop me, punk?

### Laws of economics will stop beings like you. You won't have the
money to pay for the tickets, or to rent, much less buy real estate up
there. Beings that can move and think a thousand times faster than you
will settle everywhere, and there won't be any unclaimed matter for
you to use, outside of legacy jurisdictions left for flesher use.

Rafal

--
Rafal Smigrodzki, MD-PhD
Senior Scientist,

Charlottesville, VA 22903

tel: (434) 295-4800

fax: (434) 295-4951

This electronic message transmission contains information from the
biotechnology firm of Gencia Corporation which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by
telephone (434-295-4800) or by electronic mail
(fportell at genciabiotech.com) immediately.