[ExI] enders game

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Nov 3 02:41:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-02 14:41, spike wrote:

> They downplay that in the movie, which I think is probably a slight
> improvement, and make the second case a legitimate accident, where
> Ender's intention was unclear in the book. (Ender readers, did he
> intend to slay the bastard in the second case?)

As far as I remember, yes. Maybe not consciously, but he always did what
it took to win *permanently*.

I seem to recall that these scenes were also a reason the movie was
delayed for so long - several writers struggled with how to handle the
touchy subject. It couldn't be excised, yet could easily wreck the
viewer relation to the protagonist.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute