[ExI] enders game

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Nov 3 19:35:06 UTC 2013

Thanks, all, for these recommendations.  I'm glad I went to see it last
night.  And the music is by Steve Jablonsky!  You can't not like a movie
with that.  I just got the soundtrack and listening to it now.

I just wish that someday there could be some science fiction with less
very hard problems solved, as if they are easy, and easy problems still
not solved.  For example, they are doing inter stellar travel.  Yet they
have not improved the human body at all! Surely, long before we are
doing inter stellar travel, we'll have the ability to back ourselves up,
and restore them.  We'll be transporting ourselves, and so on.  And we
won't be dependent on any one body...

And what's up with everyone but Ender thinking: "They can't talk they
don't even have vocal chords"?

I did enjoy the general idea being presented that "winning" by
destroying your enemy isn't really winning.  And it was fun to see them
doing this by twisting the alien destroyer theme into us being the
destroyers.

As I've always believed, meeting up with another alien species will
necessarily be either our or their salvation.  And there is no way both
species are going to be at near the same level like in this movie.  All
parties must be significantly improved by co-operation. I don't get how
people can't see such logical necessities, and how everyone just
projects our primitive animalistic survival of the fittest history, into
advanced futures where such makes absolutely no sense.  Yet another
example of easy to overcome primitive destroyer attitudes still not
solved, but hard to do giant space stations are easy.

At least that's how I feel about such.

Brent Allsop