[ExI] The Problem with Drugs (was Re: kepler study says 8.8e9 earthlike planets)

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:26:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Now, I know John was referring to illegal drugs

Actually I was referring to something much more general than chemicals,
legal or illegal. I'd like to know if it is in the very nature of
intelligent minds that if they have complete access to their emotional
control panel they won't be motivated to do anything except move the
happiness, pleasure, and pride in a job well done knob to a higher
setting.  If Einstein could have felt just as good as he did on the day he
discovered General Relativity just by turning a knob would he have bothered
to spend eleven grueling years to actually discover it? It's this sort of
positive feedback that worries me.

  John K Clark