[ExI] Millions of Lines of Code

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:08:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Maybe they should throw the whole damn thing out and start over by hiring
>> a software architect. I am guessing that a lot of the code is intended to
>> implement various things in the 1500+ page Obamacare law, which is
>> unpardonably large for a law to begin with, but who knows?
>>

> Maybe each provider should sell their "product" via an Amazon store...
>  I'm confident Amazon has the infrastructure and logistics know-how to
> satisfy 300+ million American's "shopping" needs with 1-click ease.
>
> Or maybe I'm woefully ignorant of ACA's true complexity _requirements_ -
> there could be several layers of subterfuge surrounding the real reason why
> it must suck so hard.

While Amazon does have the shopping cart figured out, they don't have the
facilities, required by the law to protect the privacy of their customers.
In addition, how much various insurance companies charge various people
varies by a relatively large number of variables, and they want to keep
those variables secret just as Google wants to keep their algorithms secret
from SEO merchants.

What you have here is a collision of galaxies. Large Washington
Bureaucracies colliding with large Insurance Bureaucracies colliding with
smaller but still large state bureaucracies from 47 states. (I guess three
states have opted out??? is that right???)

When the juggernaut

LOL. I just got this from Wikipedia:
WIKIMEDIA FOUNDATION
Error

Our servers are currently experiencing a technical problem. This is
probably temporary and should be fixed soon. Please try
again<http://wiki/Juggernaut> in
a few minutes.

The Wikimedia Foundation is a non-profit organisation which hosts some of
the most popular sites on the Internet, including Wikipedia. It has a
constant need to purchase new hardware. If you would like to help, please
donate<https://donate.wikimedia.org/?utm_medium=varnisherr&utm_source=20120809SQ01&utm_campaign=errorpage>
.
------------------------------
If you report this error to the Wikimedia System Administrators, please
include the details below.
Request: GET http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut, from 10.64.32.104 via
cp1055 cp1055 ([10.64.32.107]:3128), Varnish XID 2611000651
Forwarded for: 66.182.94.87, 10.64.32.104
Error: 503, Service Unavailable at Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:59:21 GMT

Perhaps Wikipedia has become a bureaucracy... LOL

Here is a picture of three original juggernauts
http://www.archaeologyonline.net/indology/jagannatha-puri/rathayatra-carts-panorama.jpg

The story goes that if someone falls beneath these things, they don't stop.
They can't stop. And the person is killed and ground into the dirt. The
effect of Obamacare is only important in what it does to the juggernauts of
government, insurance and government. What it does to the proles is of no
concern. The wheels of justice are lubricated with human blood.

-Kelly